MEDIA ALERT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
- WHO: Games Of Edan
- WHAT: “ICEBOX: Speedgunner” now on brand new stores
- WHEN: US (PDT) – October 27th 2017
- PRICE: USD $9.99
BECOME THE ULTIMATE SPEEDGUNNER!
Adelaide, Australia (ACDT) Oct 27th – Developer Games Of Edan today announced the release of “ICEBOX: Speedgunner” on new Stores Itch.io, Gamejolt.com and HumbleBundle.com. The stores are now live with a shiny new trailer. Purchase from any of these stores to receive a DRM-free version and a Steam Key.
ICEBOX: Speedgunner sees the player carving an ice-cool path through a brand new 3D Platforming FPS, cutting corners, dodging obstacles & eliminating guards, in a battle to escape the ICEBOX, before it’s permanently shut down. The player will race the clock, hunt the Central AI and leverage run-and-gun gameplay to navigate a digital labyrinth, top the global leaderboards and become the Ultimate Speedgunner. Inspired by the “Brain in a Vat” thought-experiment, the game explores the concept of escaping your own virtual prison.
Sam is the architect of the ICEBOX, a covert technology designed to control the human mind. But he always feared his invention may fall into the wrong hands. So he planted secret backdoors as insurance against any personal incarceration. On the eve of final testing, the technology was stolen and Sam’s son was kidnapped. The child’s brain was wired into the ICEBOX in a failed attempt to decrypt the system. The child was soon forgotten, resigned to a protracted hibernation.
After years of inactivity, the ICEBOX was suddenly restarted…
The player is cast as Sam’s son, initially trapped inside the ICEBOX. But with the help of an outside hacker, they’ll embark on a quest to destroy the Central AI and escape the ICEBOX before time runs out.
- SPEEDRUNNING: Race the clock to become the Ultimate Speedgunner
- RUN-AND-GUN: 3D platforming combined with fast-and-light FPS
- GLITCH MODE: Manipulate time, gravity and engage protective shields
- DOUBLE-JUMPS: Carve an ice-cool path using double-jumps
- DYNAMIC MUSIC: Dynamically managed using an ‘intensity’ meter
- IN GAME NARRATOR: Get assistance from an outside hacker
- LEADERBOARDS: Compare your mastery on the global leaderboards
- GAME+ MODE: Random World Seeds, Dash Boost and Free Flight
- ITCH STORE: https://gamesofedan.itch.io/icebox-speedgunner
- GAMEJOLT STORE: https://gamejolt.com/games/icebox-speedgunner/256702
- HUMBLE STORE: https://www.humblebundle.com/g/icebox-speedgunner
- PLATFORMS: Windows (initial release), Mac/Linux (later release).
- PRICE: USD $9.99
- WEBSITE: http://www.gamesofedan.com/icebox-speedgunner
- PREVIEWS/REVIEWS: Request a code via distribute() at https://dodistribute.com/access/p2raeWY4RM/
- EMAIL: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- TWITTER: Games Of Edan – @GamesOfEdan, Carmine – @CFantarella
ABOUT THE DEVELOPER
Games of Edan (http://www.gamesofedan.com) is headed by Carmine Fantarella (@CFantarella), a self-funded independent games developer from Adelaide, Australia. His 20 year working life as a former Electronic Engineer, Software Contractor, and Property Developer, has lead to the release of his first commercial title ICEBOX: Speedgunner. Games Of Edan is named after Carmine’s young son and ICEBOX is based on the colloquial terms for solitary confinement (namely Hotbox and The Cooler). Carmine started programming a long time ago, making text-based adventures on his Commodore 64, and reminisces about playing the original Wolfenstein, Doom & Duke Nukem 3d. Nowadays, he’s a full-time games developer, husband and stay-at-home dad who enjoys interleaving games development with raising his son.